Life is Yummy Good

V(e)ntage of an aspiring woman and wife. The mother in me speaks on Eesa's blog. The activist, feminist and student in me speaks at Unshackled. This is the blog where I put all the different facets of my life together; to realize and appreciate God, Marriage, Relationships, Love and Life.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Oh! so you're a lesbian?

Today was the first time i came across someone with such a queer question.

A son and three years into a completely heterosexual marriage it never crossed my mind people would think so.

After informing the lady that my program is based on counselling for women. She asked if I was a feminist, I replied 'positively yes'. She asked if I believed in equality for women. I replied 'Equity, not equality'. Not quite understanding what I meant, she went on to conclude 'oh so you're a lesbian!'

It was just soo abrupt and funny. And no I didnt bother clearing up her misconception either! I ignored her comment and mentioned that my work is towards liberating women from tyranny in the name of religion. Islam doesnt ask women to get married the moment they get their rags... the mullahs interpret it so. Islam doesnt demand joint marriages. Indo-pak muslims do. blah blah blah!

I wonder what the lady must be thinking of right now... a lesbian hijabi! lo behold!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger jammie said…

    im amazed that you have time to read so many blogs, do what you do, be married and take care of your kid...how old are you anyways?? :D

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger Shezalldat said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home