Life is Yummy Good

V(e)ntage of an aspiring woman and wife. The mother in me speaks on Eesa's blog. The activist, feminist and student in me speaks at Unshackled. This is the blog where I put all the different facets of my life together; to realize and appreciate God, Marriage, Relationships, Love and Life.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Hot Soup Day...

Warning: This is a vent post. Whine central.

I just attended my first hot soup day - on a very chilly fall day! (yaay! fall's here!)

The boys (Imo and Z) wanted to sleep in because, well, 'weekends are for sleeping in'. So Mannam and I walked to foundation. They had set up their basement banquet style to make the people feel special. Round tables, white table cloth, centrepiece.. the whole deal.

there were 5 guys and about 7 girls volunteering. the management had already bbq'd chickn and made vegetarian rice before suhoor(sehri in urdu). we chopped up 10 lettuce heads, a carton of tomatoes, some cucumber. after which we packaged apples and cookies. packaged bags acc to num of individuals in each family and then! went to drop them off!

The dissappointment? the non muslims that we dropped the food to... were really in need. the muslims, however, were completely capable individuals. none were too old or disabled. maybe financially needy, but not incapable. *sigh*

the mean lil me, wants to tie this to the joint family system that muslims thrive on... people just keep getting needy-er and dependent on each other!

Why muslims love to be served? the whole royalty treatment!?? *grr* *brr*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home