Life is Yummy Good

V(e)ntage of an aspiring woman and wife. The mother in me speaks on Eesa's blog. The activist, feminist and student in me speaks at Unshackled. This is the blog where I put all the different facets of my life together; to realize and appreciate God, Marriage, Relationships, Love and Life.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Eidun Saeed...

It's here. It's that time of the year when I get to fully turn on my fairy lights, lay out my new beddings and adorn new clothes.

We'd be celebrating eid on monday inshaAllah but most likely would be going to my in-laws on sunday night. That left us with just today and tmrw to put together everything. It was a tradition at my grandparents and parents' place to give the house a makeover on eid. It was what made Eid so special for us.

So today we took on the tradition upon ourselves to give Eesa the "eid feel'. We started by giving the house a spring clean. I made out a list of things that needed tobe done and got nayma into the game plan as well =). Here's what our tasks list looked like..


Task Owner Check

NBA LIVE 07 Reward!!

Kitchen floor Imran DONE
Kitchen Stove Imran DONE
Kitchen Sink Imran DONE
Kitchen Counters Imran DONE
Dishwasher three of us DONE
Dining table Nayma DONE
Vacuum Nayma DONE
Mop living room. Sheza DONE

Remove bedding Sheza
Laundry bedding Imran
Lay out new bedding Sheza
Wash washroom Sheza DONE
Clear office Sheza DONE
Curtains Imran
Put away winter clothes. Imran
Move lamps Sheza DONE
Clean microwave Nayma DONE

Clean fridge Sheza
Clean front closet Sheza DONE
Clean flower pot Imran DONE
Iron eid clothes Sheza Done


I've also managed to alphabetize all our dvds... let's see how long those last with eesa around!

Eid is sooooo exciting this year!! I've patiently waited 6 months to lay out my fave bedding set from chen one in pak.. it was a bedding i fell in love with at first sight while i was in khi. But to add that lil zing to the excitement, nayma's in town. So you know what that means!!! she's painting! she's painting out my bedding prints onto canvases... one's done, one more to go! they look GORGEOUS mashaAllah! i have new curtains going up as well inshaAllah, along with a new sofa that will be ordered on tuesday! =)

my eid gift shopping isnt complete, but it's become so much of a headache, i've just given up on it. i started out with my list before eid since i hate shopping ramadan. now we've decided to get the immediate family tickets to a raptors game. so now im just going to gift out the gifts to extended family(imran's first cousins etc)!! Imran has three cousins that are tiny, that I havent bought anything for yet. still gotta get that done inshaAllah and then I'm done!

there's so much i wanna write! but i just realized i have an asgmt that i need to touch up on so i can hand it in before monday! so tadaaa! talk to ya guys laterrrrrr

2 Comments:

  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Umm Belaal said…

    Allahu Akbar
    the sofa is coming!

     
  • At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Eid Mubarak!

    I would really appreciate it if you could register at nisaa.ca please. And there are some badges here http://www.nisaa.ca/index.php/tools if you would like to display one on your blog.
    jk.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home