Life is Yummy Good

V(e)ntage of an aspiring woman and wife. The mother in me speaks on Eesa's blog. The activist, feminist and student in me speaks at Unshackled. This is the blog where I put all the different facets of my life together; to realize and appreciate God, Marriage, Relationships, Love and Life.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Of Mercies and Wraths...

Verily, My mercy predominates My wrath.

Thank you Lord for the million and one mercies I forget to thank you for each day. Sometimes I'm so busy looking at everything that's going wrong, I forget to thank you for the good that lies behind what I assume to be bad for me.

I'm reminded of a hymn we used to recite at Marymount. This is actually a poem someone wrote that is often used as a hymn - we used to recite them on special Mass meetings. The melody and words are infinitely profound and hold a very, very deep meaning for me.

All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful:
The Lord God made them all.

Each little flower that opens,
Each little bird that sings,
He made their glowing colors,
He made their tiny wings.

The rich man in his castle,
The poor man at his gate,
He made them, high or lowly,
And ordered their estate.

The purple headed mountains,
The river running by,
The sunset and the morning
That brightens up the sky.

The cold wind in the winter,
The pleasant summer sun,
The ripe fruits in the garden,
He made them every one.

The tall trees in the greenwood,
The meadows where we play,
The rushes by the water,
To gather every day.

He gave us eyes to see them,
And lips that we might tell
How great is God Almighty,
Who has made all things well.

Today, when despair and defeat was at its peak, Ya Rabbi, I thank you for every other little blessing you've bestowed me with and pray that you grant me the wisdom and strength to look beyond the hardship and praise you even when everything seems at its worst. Thank you My Lord, for blessing my life with your mercies and I pray that you ease the test for those who're suffering hardship and increase their patience. Ameen

With love,
*~Your aspiring, humble servant

1 Comments:

  • At 4:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can totally relate to what you're talking about.
    We have too many blessing and Allah is repeatedly merciful towards us even though we often fall short of his expectations.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home