Life is Yummy Good

V(e)ntage of an aspiring woman and wife. The mother in me speaks on Eesa's blog. The activist, feminist and student in me speaks at Unshackled. This is the blog where I put all the different facets of my life together; to realize and appreciate God, Marriage, Relationships, Love and Life.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Two..

It's exam time. I shouldnt be doing this. But i dont want to miss out on another Wednesday Wandering (altho its friday now) and I missed out last week - I had a great one in mind for that btw!


Here's to the little one with ten sticky lil fingers and a chocolate covered smile that's changed us from two to now three. Here's to the little one who's persistently charmed us, like the relentless drip, drip, drip of water on the protective shells of our hearts. You came and created havoc with our hard won equilibrium, turning our life into a mesmerizing chaos - where on one hand we hate the cookie crumbs and sticky finger marks on our mirrors, windows and tv/monitor screens, on the other we can't spend an evening alone without thinking of you.

Here's to the lil penguin that plays 'take me to the kaba' all day long while running around all over the house, collecting, and dropping, toys on the way. Here's to the lil stork dropping that turns a gloomy day into a bright sunshine. Here's to the lil duckies floating in our bathtub - and our bathroom floor - many thanks to you. Here's to the lil one who insists on red sandals and orange socks on a grey footbal outfit. Here's to the booboo. Here's to the Eeses Pieces. Here's to Eesi. Here's to the little one that fights his best to not to get into the car seat and wants to rush to the steering wheel instead. Here's to the lil one that loves to giggle and pretend he's flying while running in the park. Here's to the lil one who hugs little leap to sleep at night. Here's to the lil one who made prayers with lil leap last night. Here's to the little one who climbs all over me and then, frustratingly, pats my head early in the morning to wake me up. Here's to the little one who pampers me with endless kisses. Here's to the lil one who has captured everyones heart within such a short time. Here's to the little one that is the centre of all our attention.

Here's to Eesa! Daddy's Eeses Pieces.




Parenting wise, I've always been a stern believer of holding a fort of two and an army of three. The kids will grow up and set up their own lives by the time they're 18-20 (if not, ill have to kick them out!), what would remain is us two and us two I shall work on first. But believe me you, its hard. It's hard to take time away from this sweet lil peanut butter cup - as Imran's phoppi says, u can have cupfulls of him with no concern abt calories or diabetes! Despite all the time we sneak away from him to have lil dates, we think abt him endlessly. As much as I moan and groan that I miss us being two, I definitely enjoy us being three more.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:49 AM, Blogger Kat said…

    lets say threes a company now!
    :)

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger jammie said…

    i think there comes a time when you make peace wth three or four or even five over two... :)

     
  • At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    AWWWWWWW
    I LUV U BOOBOOOOOOOO!!!
    WHAT CAN I SAY, I GOT GR8 PHOTOGRAPHY SKILLS

     

Post a Comment

<< Home