Life is Yummy Good

V(e)ntage of an aspiring woman and wife. The mother in me speaks on Eesa's blog. The activist, feminist and student in me speaks at Unshackled. This is the blog where I put all the different facets of my life together; to realize and appreciate God, Marriage, Relationships, Love and Life.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

semi vacations...

Ok here's an update! We've been living out of hotels for 5 nights now and its sheer joy. BUT and a great BUT, I miss my booboo too much. We've been able to do have alot of adventures the last few days coz he's not here but it's aweful being without him.

For those who know me, they know I LOVE hotels. It's been one amazing joy ride! I havent cooked in 5 days, my bed is made, my bathroom shines every morning and best of all - I didn't scrub my hands out cleaning it!

Two days ago we found out we'd have to extend our trip till monday, at least. So Imran and I decided to move further up north to a Hilton in Mont trembleau. its a 2.5 hour ride to work every morning for imran, but its soooo worth it!

this hilton isnt a 5 star one like the one in downtown montreal, but its a pretty amazing studio suite still. I don't like the fact that it has a kitchen and dining attached with amenities for ppl who enjoy cooking (i can't believe i'm complaining!). This one is located in a lil mountain resort with lots of french people around. its amazingly romantic and cute. The streets are reminisent of france with cobble path streetways, country style stores on the side. There are whirlpools and saunas, outdoor mini golfs, luge rides (those are AWESOME), cable cars everywhere, lakes etc etc! theres a concert going on at every corner. its peaceful in a weird way - BUT I miss Eesooo! we even managed to have the entire whirpool and pool to us two, but its still more fun to be with boooobooo!

we spent yest in ottawa (i know its the other way!! had to go for work) and it was fun staying up till 3am with cousins. this morning on the way here, we rode in our car on a ferry!!! the port for it is like 15 mins from imran's cousin's place... we just rode into the ferry and it drove us across the river which saved us over 25 mins of crossing around into quebec. everything we do these days reminds us of eesoo. we see a pool we think of eesoo. we see slides, we think of eessoo. we see luge rides, we think eessooo... get the drift??

we've taken tons of piccys which ill share once i head back inshaAllah.

One thing ive definitely learnt is that one appreciates vacations alot more after having kids! the ability to just get up and go is such a novelty these days. imran has to head out to st jean de-matha again tmrw. so ill be alone in mt treambleau. im looking forward to some hiking along the river inshaAllah.

houston complaints and all... i'm loving it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home