Life is Yummy Good

V(e)ntage of an aspiring woman and wife. The mother in me speaks on Eesa's blog. The activist, feminist and student in me speaks at Unshackled. This is the blog where I put all the different facets of my life together; to realize and appreciate God, Marriage, Relationships, Love and Life.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Blessings..

I think one of the greatest blessing that Allah swt has enjoined us with, is the ability to swim. Moreso, the ability to swim at night. Lately I've been swimming in the dark alot and its amazing! I know Maryam can attest to the fact that i was like a kid in a candy shop, as though i had finally discovered I can breathe. After 3 yrs of having a pool, I finally came to peace with my fear of water snakes and braved myself to swim at midnight. AND!!! All it took was a demented AC! I am proud to announce that apart from the Creepy(the water filter snake), there were no snakes! It was soooo peaceful that SubhanAllah my senses were alert even to the sensation of water against my hairline while i was floating or the feel of water between my fingertips while i stroked my hands through water.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Umm Belaal said…

    Woohoo for swimming at night! I wanna go again and again and again. You know the funny thing...though I'm not afraid but since you mentioned the water snakes...the thought stays in the back of my mind when I'm in the pool.
    I hate that creepy as well...he follows me!

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    lol... i wanna come swimming at night! gimme a call next time ;)

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger Shezalldat said…

    geez@maryam. u were the reason i let go of my inhibitions against snakes int he pool! im back to being scared again. im just hoping the chlorine would keep 'em snakes out. i hate the sounds that creepy makes, reminds me of rattle snakes.

    aasi u were supposed to come last friday! if im in 'sauga this weekend, come over on friday while moody goes to br riad's class! just call n come... dont wait for invites!

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    k inshallah... as long as this nasty nausea leaves... im having a really tough time without the meds.. plz make duaa fer me! love ya

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger @}--}-- *Ayesha* --{--{@ said…

    you guys are soo silly, snakes dont go into pools!! geeeeeeeeze and i wanna go swimming tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger Shezalldat said…

    bring ur gear on sat! we'll swim during/before/after the shower!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home