Life is Yummy Good

V(e)ntage of an aspiring woman and wife. The mother in me speaks on Eesa's blog. The activist, feminist and student in me speaks at Unshackled. This is the blog where I put all the different facets of my life together; to realize and appreciate God, Marriage, Relationships, Love and Life.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Organizing..

Ok guys, Yes I'm here and around. Been organizing and creating systems for everything around the apartment. Alhamdolillah, slow and steady its working out purrfect! I think I'm bordering OCD now and considering the fact that it runs in my family, I'm getting a lil scared! I really don't want to turn into one of those organized people that have schedules for the rest of the year and plan where they want to be next yr, today and have panic attacks the moment somethings out of place (yes NB, i'm talking abt u!). However, I like my things being organized and sortted etc. It's so appealing to the eye:P.

On of my greatest accomplishments over the last three days has been changing eesa's dresser -i'm finally part of the malm dresser fans list! It's soooo worth it. It is not bulky and ALOT more roomy than the traditional ones. Morever, its not wood on wood so it slides out real easy. It's one of those MUST haves that I really recommend. Havign done that, Eesa's room is already in order. I don't think i've mentioned it yet but I put up wallies all over and spruced up Eesa's room as a surprise to imran when he got back from vancouver 2-3wks ago. Imran had mentioned he liked the nascar wallies when we went to pick up the lil tikes one, but i pretended i didnt like it. while imran was gone, Eesa and i went and got those and stuck them all over. Imran's aunts came over abt 2 wks ago and they said it looks like imran's dream room. lol

I've also officially organized my purses. I love changing my purses often so I've created a system that makes it convenient to switch. I used a small pouch and threw in travel sized bottles of lotion, body spray and mouth wash, hand sanitizer, gum, pad-writing and sanitary, a lipstick, a pen, a toonie and a quarter for snacks and calls incase the cell dies, and attached two safety pins and a bumble bee hijab pin to the zipper. So now instead of figuring wht goes, what doesnt, all i have to do is take the pouch and wallet and put it in the new purse whenever i feel liek changing it. Phone and keys, I add at the last moment anyway. I also hate having to carry reciepts incase i want to return the product, so I've created a section for it in my wallet and intend to dispose them off once its past 90 days. I also keep a fortress of a muslim and diaper for Eesa in my purse but that's something I don't switch in each purse. (i've just realized if someone plans to do an identity theft on me, it's ever so easy! they'd even know what's in my purse!!!)

I also came up with a substitue for diaper bags since I hate carrying them (even the mommy bags), so I've put together pouches (3 for $2 at party packagers :P). Each pouch includes a pack of cookies, an infant's tylenol, a bandaid, a pen, some hand sanitizer(2 for a buck at dollarama:P), vaseline, one small toy, a toonie for snacks and a quarter for emrgncy phone calls, and a diaper. ive placed one of these pouches in his stroller and another one in our car since those are the only two ways we travel by.

i also chucked out most of the stuff from our bedside tables. usually its a catch all for all the stuff that doesnt have a home. Alhamdolillah i cleaned them out. While my sister was here, i got her to wrap some shoe boxes in pretty paper for me. so they're my subsitute for the fancy storage boxes u get at ikea. I used those to hold the stuff i need in my bedside tables along with alot of baskets.

Speaking of ikea, I've also narrowed down my choice of dressers for our room to two. It's either the malm one in medium brown or this ramberg one. inshaAllah i should have that decided by this weekend.

Our dishwasher is finally up and running. I gave all my dishes a pre-emptive hygiene wash since I seem to be having alot of fruit flies these days and they disgust me like anything. My fridge too got a major cleaning job done in it, altho the freezer still needs some cleaning to be done. I've run out of lysol and am using some cheap spray we bought from dollarama when we first moved. I'm ever so paranoid that the counter isnt clean enough... (ok yes i am turning into an OCD!). Speaking of liquid cleaners, I have to say that Fantastik is absolutely the best. i had removed some of the caulk from around my bathtub earlier and it was showing alot of mould. I just sprayed fantastik and it completely removed the mould. Even after eesa takes a bath, there's usually a line around the bathtub and with the dollarama spray i had to scrub it out. With fantastik, all i do is spray and leave it for a minute and then simply wipe it off. Even the faucets sparkle.

So inshaAllah, by this weekend I should be all done and flying without a plane, as the previous post says. As the night progresses, I seem to get all this weird energy that just gets me going in the cleaning phase. its weird!

Anyhow, this has been the girliest post i've written in ages. I never imagined myself turning into an aunty - but an aunty i am!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    whats an ocd???

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger Cindi said…

    Wow! Uh, could you come to my house? haha. Seriously, where is this energy coming from cuz I need to get some....loooovve organizing but usually get it nipped as my hubbie doesn't think I should buy all the wonderful organizing containers.

    ANon-ocd=obsessive compulsive disorder.

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger Umm Belaal said…

    anon - obsessive compulsive disorder

    if u need any help...lemme know. ive got nothing left to organize haha.
    trust me..once u get dressers...it makes things so much easier. no excuse to leave things out.

     
  • At 12:22 AM, Blogger @}--}-- *Ayesha* --{--{@ said…

    umm, yeah shez you are worse than an aunty :D where do you get that energy from?? urgh i hate cleaning and everything else that has to do with house work
    organizing purses and etc - maryam has had a really big effect on you :D
    love ya crazy buttmunch!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home