Life is Yummy Good

V(e)ntage of an aspiring woman and wife. The mother in me speaks on Eesa's blog. The activist, feminist and student in me speaks at Unshackled. This is the blog where I put all the different facets of my life together; to realize and appreciate God, Marriage, Relationships, Love and Life.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Independence

I was talking to someone a couple of days ago about when is a good age for marriage. She got married at 27 and has a very levelled outlook on everything and I'm really proud of her for it. We were discussing what age is a good age and somewhere in there we agreed that 18 is too pliable, 23-24 smack in the middle of discovering independence and 26/27 perfectly independent.

I don't mind compromising to make others happy. But I hate being taken advantage of.

I have so many things I want to yell out. So many things I want to say. Out of respect I have kept it zipped, but I'm thoroughly running out of patience. I feel like im standing there with arrows being shot at me from all ends. I wish I could stand up for myself at moments like these. But I can't. If i KNOW, something i'm going to say is going to hurt someone, I can't spit out those horrible and mean words. However, ppl keep going on taking advantage of it. (i would have used a four letter word that starts with a P here, but my readers are quiet sensitive abt that word!!). Generally, I'm not the pliable type but with a certain group of ppl, out of respect, i do become quiet pliable. I don't mind pleasing others. But when pleasing turns into expectation, i have alot of beef waiting to be stewed! *fumes*

I'm fuming again, so I'll sign out before I punch out someone's forehead! Thank you blogspot for letting me fume!!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    ::hugg::

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pakistan Zindabad

     
  • At 2:50 AM, Blogger Kat said…

    intresting how people conclude what the right age for marriage is....i am 27...there are times i still think i am not ready for it....!
    :)

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger bakpakchik said…

    I guess there is no 'right age to get married', except for what it right for YOU.

    I was always big on independance and everyone in my family kind of assumed I would get married very very late.

    But then I met the perfect guy and got married at 23!

    And to tell you the truth ... I have just as much independance after marriage as I did before. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home