Life is Yummy Good

V(e)ntage of an aspiring woman and wife. The mother in me speaks on Eesa's blog. The activist, feminist and student in me speaks at Unshackled. This is the blog where I put all the different facets of my life together; to realize and appreciate God, Marriage, Relationships, Love and Life.

Monday, November 06, 2006

YM Eid party...

Alhamdolillah, the weekend went by sooooper fast. We had our mini eid party on saturday... (well compared to the YM mississauga ones, this one was 5 times the size - 50 ppl!). I couldn't sleep all night in anxiety. I finally fell asleep at like 7:30 in the morning, only to be woken up by Aeram and Atiqa at 9:30.

We had last minute change of plans with the caterers, so instead of catering, we ordered pizza and i cooked pasta, along with a 7 layer dip with nacho chips and corn chips; and hummus with crackers. hummus turned out perfect, but i forgot the seasoning in the beans for the 7 layer dip so it was a lil bland. i also forgot the mayo for the dressing in the taco salad dressing at home, so we couldnt serve that.

Since I couldnt sleep, I did all the cooking on friday night - par some last minute preps that I did there. By the time I got up, showered and got eesa ready, there was no time left for me to iron my clothes or get ready! what a mad rush it was!

Alhamdolillah the party was mad fun. i loved the muslim rendition of musical chairs the best! watching girls run and then *THUD* the girls sitting on the chair was HILLARIOUS! we played jigsaw puzzles too.. *sigh*

I have to say, the highlight of the evening was hearing Beeloo gulp milk. LOL! subhanAllah it sounded so funny! the girls that were praying were worried that he was choking. it was soooo loud too... i could hear it all the way across the hall, in the kitchen. so adorable mashaAllah.

anyhow.. gotta update eesa's blog so i'm off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home