Life is Yummy Good

V(e)ntage of an aspiring woman and wife. The mother in me speaks on Eesa's blog. The activist, feminist and student in me speaks at Unshackled. This is the blog where I put all the different facets of my life together; to realize and appreciate God, Marriage, Relationships, Love and Life.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Happy 100th!

This month, it's been a year since I've been blogging. This is my hundredth post and what better stuff to write about than a list of me favourite thingees! I got tagged by one of my readers. I'm supposed to paste out a list of my favourite things. in ech criteria. however after a whiel i thouht why not be triger happy and click some photos from aound the ahouse. l And I'm tagging all of you! Whoever reads this, is tagged and has to follow suit! Be sure to leave ur blogger links, ill definitely chk it out!

So here goes! All u have to do is take snaps of ur favorite stuff in the following categories. Go ahead, get wild and create ur own categories if u want. Merry snapping!

Bath Products.


My ultimate favorite is Cool Citrus basil from Bath and Body works. I love their entire line... their body spray, shower gel, bubble bath, hand wash, lotion etc. It's very sharp and invigorating.. nothing flowery but definitely sexy! The downfall? It's discontinued so they don't sell it year round. They only show up during the semi annual sales and in large bottles. i have to fill up my own travel sized bottles. We all have our own signature smells, Aisha has Sweet Pea and Maryam has Sheer Freesia... mine is Cool citrus Basil ...o0O(psst! ...mine is the best:P)! =) ;)

The Body shop also carries a burning oil called Lemon Basil. Definitely a must have, after those desi food cooking sessions! I also like the body shop's Satsuma burning oil.

Perfume

My ultimate favourite! Dreams by Gap. I'm not into those flashy brand named perfumes. I'm not sure how much of a brand name Gap is, but it's definitely not out there with CDior etc. Brand name or not, I SIMPLY love the smell. My second fave is Swiss Army for Women.

Chocolate

I couldn't find an image for this chocolate, but I assure you it's absolutely DIVINE! Imran's aunt introduced me to it in Pakistan this year when she brought it back from India and I got addicted. It's from Taj hotel in India - THE Taj hotel. It's dark chocolate with roasted almonds and is Rs 800/kg. To put it into perspective, thats almost $20CDN/kg(2lbs). I had it in Khi when Imran's aunt brought it back and had some more of it in India. Sheer indulgence! Apart from that, I love all almond and hazelnut-ty chocolates:P

Flavour

I'm not an avid coffee drinker. Infact I had my first cup of coffee at taraweeh at Alfalah two years ago (this was a few days after Eesa was born ...aaah! good times!) when Maryam brought it. Even now I don't drink warm coffee. However I love anything and everything that's coffee flavoured. I love coffee icecream, coffee cakes, tiramisus etc. Remember Kopikos? the coffee flavoured candies? I love the aroma of coffee but I don't like drinking coffee. There was a coffee place in karachi on zamzama that we used to go alot to (arghh i can't remember it's name!), i used to just love the smell in there (*blogger's we had our meetup there!). Tim horton's here doesnt have that coffee smell, thanks to the aroma of bagels and donuts etc. (altho imran swears coffee here tastes much better). Oh reminds me! Since I don't drink coffee, but love the smell of it, I used to walk down to that coffee place in khi to drink lemonade!!? My cousin, FH, was in a shock! After one of our shopping sprees, i took her for some designer lemonade! lol She's from isloo and in her funny urdu, she went 'is mein koun si khaas baat hai?' (whats so special abt this?). Anyhow, this post is about my favourites and my favorite flavour is coffee. The above picture is from our trip to montreal... my fave iced caps (cappucinos)! the BEST, when served with buttered sesame bagels! mmmhmm sooo good!

Colour

Orange is definitely my favourite colour. It's just sooo me. I think no colour defines me more than this one. It's completely me. I like my colour to be completely me. I've gone from red to purple to blue to now orange. These days I love the combination of chocolate brown with orange. Notice how my taste in colours grew from tame to wild? Bright green is a close second, followed by chrome (think IKEA rocking chair!!).

Books

I think no book excited me as this one. From suspense/mystery to horror/thriller to romance/drama to sci-fi to supernatural spooky ghost tales and miracles to fairy tales to action to comedy to fiction, The Holy Quran(the religious script for muslims) is all genre in one. Each time you read it, you see something new in a different way. No book is close to being as mystical as this one!

p.s. for ramadan, I'll be compiling a cd of the quran with my favorite recitation of entire quran, by recitors like bukhatir, sudais, effassy, ghamidi etc. I will put in only my fave recitationIf you'd like a copy of it, plz be sure to drop me an email at missbhoot@hotmail.com with your postal address from anywhere in the world. I'd love to send you a copy as a means of accumulating extra rewards for the sake fo Allah swt during ramadan (and after) inshaAllah. If you're not a muslim or a new muslim, plz be sure to mention it, I'd love to send you more stuff!

Accessory

D

efinitely, Handbags/burses/totes!!! My fave accessories by far! For handbags, I really like Matt & Nat's stuff when it comes to chic stuff and Reebok when it comes to sporty stuff. I have to say my all time fave is my beige and orange reebok bag that I got from the Reebok store in India.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hello. i am living in singapore and was wondering, whose place were u in singapore? i read ur august 2005 entry in which u had sumth abt watching the sky frm the telescope in s'pore.

    i may know the person. so jus wondering? can i hv his/her name :)

    best wishes.
    sara

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger moizza said…

    Randomly came across you blog blah blah but I love the tag, these are ALL the things I'm addicted to so I'm going to do it right here:P

    Bath Products: I love all, honestly, but specifically Dove (body wash, conditioner), Boots (conditioner,shampoo), Herbal Essences (shampoo) and Body Shop (body butters, deos and lotions specially white musk and cocoa butter).I must sound like a retail tramp right now but they make me so so happy.Oh and Johnsons and White Musk powder.

    Perfume: Gucci Rush (it's my signature scent now) and Ralph for Women (the new gorgeous green one).

    Chocolate: Ferraro Rochere and Lindtt Hazlenut. Nothing racy there sorry.

    Flavor: Caramerl fudge latte. I cannot stand any other flavour of coffee.

    Color: All brights ones-orange,pink,blue,ferozi,red,olive green,mink brown.

    Books: The Faraway tree series.

    Accessory: Funky writing pads and writing books. I always carry one so it counts as an accessory and I love brightly colored and covered ones.

    I feel very happy after this post:P

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger S. Jabbar said…

    Interesting things that you mentioned and I got the feeling that you have life full of action.
    Now I know that there are so many things that people may like and so many favourites, I'll visit again when I need to borrow some gift tips.

    And for your tag:

    Bath Products: A shampoo and a soap.

    Perfume: Lynx, Blue, and many more. I like the smell of Old Spice(aftershave).

    Chocolate: Any dark dark choclate.

    Flavor: Any I guess, Chocolate, Smokey(in deserts), Rooh-Afza, Cigar, Coffee, and Mystical Flavour of Love (unexplainable).

    Color: Dark Green, Frog Green, Crocodile Green, Croaky Green, Olive, Navy Blue, Dark Red, At times Dark Brown, White. Pretty much all dark colours.

    Books: Many there are, The Sacred Book, Ihya's of Ghazzali are few of.

    Accessory: Parker pen with golden tip.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home