Life is Yummy Good

V(e)ntage of an aspiring woman and wife. The mother in me speaks on Eesa's blog. The activist, feminist and student in me speaks at Unshackled. This is the blog where I put all the different facets of my life together; to realize and appreciate God, Marriage, Relationships, Love and Life.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Update..

warning! It's one of those updates where I list out my accomplishments over the last two weeks and feel good. so alot of whiney-ism!

The last two weeks have been crazy busy. Just trying to keep my head afloat and stay on top of everything. No I haven't been blogging here but I do sporadically update Eesascrib and Unshackled.

Two week ago, I went to Winnipeg. I learnt ALOT. I came back feeling extremely rejuvenated and passionate about everything I am learning. The course challenged some of the lesbo-western ideas that I had started to accept as normal. One of the greatest difference in practice between islamic counselling and western counselling that I faced in was in marriage counselling. Much of the western counselling works to gain immediate results and the idea of immediacy and 'my way or the highway'. Islamic counselling works towards acceptance and gradual change.

I had midterms the day that I got back. Alhamdolillah I managed to get much of my revision done on my flight there and back. The rest of the week was spent getting our place back in order. I had been neglecting much of the cleaning and usual stuff in favor of spending time with nayma. I was literally doing the bare minimum - and out of that too, Nayma would help out alot - esp with Eesa.

So the last two weeks have been alhamdolillah pretty productive. I feel a new rejuvenation towards my business as well. Came up with newer designs for the jewellry and managed to bag a couple new wholesalers as well - alhamdolillah. So that was a huge relief. I also managed to come up with a system to store my personal jewellry. I got a million and one earrings from india but I'd never get a chance to wear them because of the hassle of looking and finding them. i drilled in two nails in our closet and fished a jewellry wire across and then reinforced with metal wire around the nail. I did this twice, so i got two lines of metal wire going across. they're approx 50 cm wide. and then i hung out all my earrings onto them. Alhamdolillah they look fabulous - if I must say so myself;) the colours and the glotter, just really make me want to wear them. For the last three days I've been wearing matching earring and pendants with my outfits. That's a true accomplishment compared to my previous silver chain with a neutral coloured swarovski crystal dangling.

All day yesterday I spent ironing out my hijabs. Then at night i was cleaning out my kitchen when maryam called and said shes bringing Belaal over coz she wanted him to stay up. Alhamdolillah she completely took over and revamped my kitchen in one third the time it would have taken me on my own. Eesa was busy with baba, chacha and Beeloo so it save dme 90% of the distraction.

Slowly but surely, I'm also completing the paintings nayma was doing. she completed two and then for the third one she drew it out but didn't get the chance to paint it. So i'm at it. I'm sooooooo artistically challenged, it's unbelievable. lol. let's wait and see.

anyhow.. I've got an office to clean. so off i go!
laterz!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i want some jewelry!!!

     
  • At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ask imran bhai to do the paintings....
    HUH!@cleaning..... i thought that was ALOT!!!
    HUH! times a zillion@ ironing hijaabs.... how FUN!(hope u understand its called sarcasm...
    i luv the dabba idea... evryone loves it!
    n u copied my earring wala idea....
    n if u think u have a million n one earrings.... don lemme begin on how many i have... i have two of each colour.... one with balck one with silver..
    don worry... i havnet totally been lost to the world of jewelry n make up n all that gucky stuff(no offense)its jus an earring craze...
    nehow, missin u guys too...
    take care...
    im happy u wore the earring i blew off my allowance on...
    o n remember while painting... there are different sizes for a reason!!!!
    so please use em n don step on em... imran bhai can draw better than me... seriously see what he comes up with.....
    o n we missed u while bowling while u were in winni... i think i woulda enjoyed seein u lose to me:P
    jus kiddin:P
    k
    i think this is a long enuf comment....
    k
    see u soon
    Asalamoalaikum

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i can finish the painting for you...i did a lot of painting for b recently

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Jaded said…

    hey lady... your post reassures me that you have recovered from your fainting spell.. :p btw, the link to your other blog should be inblogs.net not com.. :)

    how's your gorgeous baby?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home