Life is Yummy Good

V(e)ntage of an aspiring woman and wife. The mother in me speaks on Eesa's blog. The activist, feminist and student in me speaks at Unshackled. This is the blog where I put all the different facets of my life together; to realize and appreciate God, Marriage, Relationships, Love and Life.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Flying and more..

Hello from Winnipeg, Manitoba!

Got here this morning, LOVE being on airplanes. It gives me this inner sense of freedom and lightness. It's just amazing, just the thought of flying through the sky- looking out of the window and seeing cotton balls of clouds. So pure and rejuvenating.

Speaking of freedom, this trip has been even more significant for me. It's not the first time I've travelled without Imran - oh no it's not! But it's the first time I've left Eesa behind with him for this long (ofcourse he's employing his mama's help but that's ok!). I feel so independent and on my own.

I'm doing this three days service provider training course that ISSA has developed. The purpose of this training is to be able to step out and challenge common myths held by service providers to muslims and also, to be able to train social workers, imams, health providers, teachers, police etc on cultural competancy and sensitivity. So overwhelming. So much to learn and grasp. I'm filled with this inner need to go out and make a difference, to see the change. *sigh* there's so much i want to do, i just don't know how or where to start - typical service provider dillema! *sigh*

my day started with an observation module where i (i was the only one who arrived early) saw Sr Shahina and Sr Aneesah deliver cultural sensitivty and competancy training to non muslim, mainstream service providers. It is expected of us to be able to deliver similar trainings to non muslims by the end of this course. We are also being trained on marriage counselling and pre marital counselling - this is the most intense part of this programme because it involves the neccessity to understand different muslim cultures.

Tmrw's session continues with marriage counselling and marriage counselling for converts followed by Sr shahina's spiritual perspective. the day starts at 7:30 am and I feel pooooooooped. so i'm going to head out. keep chking unshackled to grow with me as I learn!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home